On Being A Reformed Evangelical Anglican | ITC15
Welcome to Episode 15 of the In the City Podcast with Dr. Jonathan G. Smith. In this episode, Jonathan discusses his journey into the Anglican tradition as a reformed evangelical Christian. Through the highs and lows of the 21st century North American Anglican realignment, he explains the difficulty of navigating the different camps within the Anglican church.
Listen to the Show
This Episode’s Topic: Reformed Evangelical Anglican
To better understand why this topic matters, Jonathan shares an interview he and his colleagues conducted with Archbishop Dr. Peter Jensen. The full content of that interview can be found here. In this episode, Jonathan shares highlights of the meeting and provides his commentary on how Dr. Jensen’s insights into the Global Anglican problem has impacted Jonathan’s understanding of “being Anglican.” Central to the Anglican dilemma is the role of the Bible and how one approaches it as the “Word of God.”
What You’ll Discover
- The attraction of the reformed evangelical stream within the Anglican Church
- How human sexuality has become the lightning rod of controversy within the Anglican Church
- The role of the reformed evangelical stream in carrying the gospel of Jesus Christ forward into the 21st century
Read the Notes
Outline of the clips:
1. Dr. Jensen’s faith experience and conversion as a child
2. Emphasis on a person’s personal responsibility in owning the bible’s message for one’s self.
3. Reformed evangelical Anglicans and the future
4. Advice on maintaining unity among Reformed Evangelicals, Anglo-Catholics, and Charismatics
5. The primary commitments of reformed evangelicals.
6. The current global crisis within the Anglican Church
7. GAFCON and the role of the Jerusalem Declaration
8. Dr. Jensen’s words of encouragement to North America
Start a Conversation
The best part about podcasting is joining in a conversation with you. To help kick off a discussion here is a question to consider:
Are you surprised to hear about a strong reformed evangelical stream within the Anglican church?
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe
Follow me on iTunes!
Share with Your Friends
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment and rate it on iTunes. That helps tremendously and lets others know about the show!