Finding The Courage To Leave Your Job For Ministry | ITC11
Welcome to Episode 11 of the In the City Podcast with Dr. Jonathan G. Smith. In this episode, Jonathan discusses how he found the courage to leave his career as a Pharmaceutical Representative to attend seminary full-time.
Listen to the Show
This Episode’s Topic: Courage
To better understand why this topic matters, Jonathan draws from his background in making a tough transition from his corporate career to attending a theological seminary.
While the decision was not an easy one, Jonathan sheds light on the final straw that triggered the decision for him. Reflecting on his story, he gives the following three suggestions when contemplating a decision based upon God’s leading:
- You have to decide to follow God’s leading out of a deep sense of calling.
- You have to make the decision
- You have to own your decision.
What You’ll Discover
- Reframing the temptation to stick out a job for more money
- Why the biggest challenges you will face will come once the decision is made
- Why personal transformation begins with the decision to act
- Fundamental principle: “God calls us to something and not just from something”
Read the Notes
Start a Conversation
The best part about podcasting is joining in a conversation with you. To help kick off a discussion here is a question to consider:
What are some of the biggest considerations you are currently facing when deciding to follow God’s call on your life? What kind of “golden handcuffs” is keeping you shackled to your present circumstances?
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe
Follow me on iTunes!
Share with Your Friends
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment and rate it on iTunes. That helps tremendously and lets others know about the show!